- what is sleep hygiene and how useful is the advice that’s given
- what happens when sleep hygiene advice doesn’t work
- the impact of blue light
- the role of arousal in sleep
- what is normal sleep and when do we have a problem
- perceptions of sleep
- mattress talk
- tips on getting to sleep
- The role of medication in sleep
- sleep patterns in other cultures and countries
- Manuji – yoga nidra – here’s a YouTube link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7YdT4Z1kVA
- alternative remedies that support good sleep – glass of warm milk; valerian tea, magnesium supplements, or ZMA
- Binaural beats and controlling brain wave patterns
- cortisol levels and exercise
- the impact of sleep on earnings and performance
- Wim Hoff http://www.icemanwimhof.com/innerfire
- the value of exertions and extremes, the ling and yang of life
Amy McClelland is a Coaching Psychologist who specialises in Individual and Organisational Wellbeing. She completed her BSc in Psychology at the School Of Psychology, Cardiff University, and went on to complete an MSc in Psychology within the same university. She is also trained in Hypnotherapy with the British Academy of Hypnosis.
Amy’s main areas of interest include Coaching for Sleep, Weight Loss and Pain Management. In her evidence-based interventions, she uses CBT, Hypnosis and MBCT (Mindfulness-based cognitive therapy). In addition to working with large organizations (her clients have included Westinghouse, National Grid, JTI International, Renault, Ford and Revlon) Amy has worked extensively on a one-to-one basis. Being supportive, caring and structured are central facets of Amy’s personal coaching style and she will be bringing these qualities to the Cardiff Sleep Clinic.
Amy had an unusual and exciting childhood . She spent her early years living and being educated on a sailing boat with her family. This period of travelling, throughout the Mediterranean, was followed by her being educated in France. The travel bug is still with her, and she never turns down the opportunity to get on a plane and explore. Expect to hear Amy making references to how practices in other tribes and cultures can also inform health and wellbeing.
- Listen and subscribe on iTunes
- Listen and subscribe on Stitcher Radio
- If you like the show please leave a review here and let me know what guests you’d like me to have on the show