James S. Fell authors the syndicated column In-Your-Face Fitness for the Chicago Tribune, which runs in many major U.S. newspapers. He also does celebrity fitness interviews for the Los Angeles Times, authors the column Strategic Fitness for AskMen, and is senior fitness columnist for Chatelaine. In 2012 Huffington Post named him one of the Top 20 Fitness Experts to Follow on Twitter.
A former fat guy, Fell is a certified strength and conditioning specialist with an MBA. He uses his years of business experience to bring a big-picture, strategic planning approach to getting in shape.
A family guy, Fell is married to a brilliant, beautiful and tolerant woman. Appropriately, he named his personal website http://www.BodyForWife.com.
- Cultivating passion in exercise and health
- Shifting focus and mental patterns
- Self-efficacy theory – developing confidence and competence in a specific task
- Developing positive reinforcement
- A perspective on the personal training industry
- The value of being self-directed and self-corrected
- How to become a runner
- Developing motivation for exercise
- Tips on sticking with an exercise program
- The return on investment of getting in shape
- The difference between passion and obsession
- Listen and subscribe on iTunes
- Listen and subscribe on Stitcher Radio
- If you like the show please leave a review here and let me know what guests you’d like me to have on the show
- If you have any questions or comments about the show please join the discussion on our Facebook page